Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Beginning to Blog

One of the funniest openings in the The Office is when Michael, Andy, and Dwight run through the office and the office park doing Parkour. The caught onto the internet sensation about 6 years later. I feel a little the same starting a blog long after "blogging" was first catching on. So, why now? Why blog?

1) I read a lot of good blogs and books. When I'm reading I often think "I'd like to write about that".

2) Lots of conversations and opportunities I have has a Student Pastor create a desire for more concrete, thoughtful processing and discussion. Twitter and Facebook are both fun, but neither of them is designed to be a platform for those kind of discussions. I hope this blog will do that.

3) I love sports! As a long-suffering Seattle sports fan there are so many things I want to discuss, debate, and burry my head in my hands and ask "What did I do to deserve this?!" I'm looking forward to a weekly sports column here on the blog.

4) The life of a husband, father, and Student Ministry pastor is full of joy, excitement, challenges, and opportunities for growth and sanctification. I hope that this blog will be an opportunity to grow and share those things.

Our plane is approaching for landing as I write this. I have been on a fantastic mission trip with 17 other students and leaders from Westwood Baptist Church. God has done incredible things and I am so thankful for them. My beautiful wife and 2 girls are meeting me at the airport in a few minutes, I can't wait to see them. 13 days is a long time apart.

Stay tuned later this week: 1 small step 1 am taking after I read chapters 1 and 2 of C.J. Maheney's book "Worldliness". Thanks for tuning in!

No comments:

Post a Comment